Need a minimal ingredient snack idea to satisfy your sweet cravings that is quick and easy to make? We’ve got you covered! This snack is high in protein and full of healthy guilt free ingredients!
INGREDIENTS FOR 15 “GOLF BALL” SIZED TREATS:
- 3 cups brown rice crisp cereal
- 1 heaping scoop vanilla isolate protein powder (Cellucor’s Vanilla High Performance Whey from Bailey’s Pro Shop)
- 2/3 cup almond butter (or peanut butter or choice of natural nut butter)
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon (optional, recommended)
- In a ceramic or glass bowl, mix together honey and almond butter. Ensure that both have melted completely so they can easily mix together. To help, you can toss this in the microwave for a few seconds.
- Add cinnamon and protein powder and mix together using a spatula.
- Add 1 cup of brown rice cereal at a time and fold in the cereal.
- Spread mixture in a shallow baking dish (about 8×8) or use silicone ice molds for individual portion control.
- Store the treats in the fridge and slice (or pop out of the ice molds) when you’re ready to eat them. It’s best to let these “harden” in the fridge for at least 20 minutes before enjoying. These are tasty so practice self-control!
APPROXIMATE MACROS FOR 1 OF 15 TREATS:
136 calories, 5g protein, 17g carbohydrates, 6g fat, 2g fiber, 10g sugar